Transition to Work supports young people (15-21) on their journey to employment. The service will provide intensive, pre-employment support to improve the work-readiness of young people and help them into work (including apprenticeships and traineeships) or education.
What services can young people access?
Transition to Work is focused on building a young person’s skills, confidence and readiness to enter employment. To achieve this Transition to Work providers will help young people:
– develop practical skills to get a job
– connect with education or training
– find and complete work experience placements
– find job opportunities in the local area
– connect with relevant local community services.
Transition to Work providers have experience working with disengaged and disadvantaged young people and have strong links with employers, community services and schools in their local community.