Staying safe online is more important than ever to Australian families.💻
Whilst being an MP I have seen first-hand the effects that cyberbullying and online trolling can have not just on children but adults and our society in general.
That’s why the Liberal Government is continuing to take world-leading actions on online safety.
Under our plan we will:
• Legislate tough new laws to force social media giants to unmask anonymous online trolls and better protect Australians online.
• Help families protect their kids by requiring tech companies to install stronger parental controls on smartphones and tablets.
• Boost training for teachers and schools to make sure they can help keep their students safe online.
• Cut red tape in reporting abuse, ensuring victims ‘tell-us-once’ and get the help they need.
• Support multicultural communities to improve online safety.
This commitment builds on our implementation of the world’s first eSafety Commissioner, who has helped with around 4,000 cyberbullying complaints, 9,000 instances of image-based abuse and over 70,000 items of illegal and restricted online content, including child sexual abuse material.